News and views from possibly the biggest public relations consultancy in the world... well, certainly the largest in Coalville.

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Every cloud has a silver lining

Just like the weather at the moment this job can be very unpredictable!

A few days before Christmas I came up with an idea for an article for one of our clients in the supply chain and, after a few discussions with the editor, sold the idea of a feature in a sector magazine.

The article was supplied on time and I called to check it had been received. All seemed well. However, in one of today’s trade e-newsletters I discovered that a new editor has just been appointed to the publication.

A quick call to the now former editor confirmed this. It also transpired that the article hadn’t been passed on as the magazine was taking a new direction.

I immediately contacted the new editor, he seemed to like the idea as well, wanted to take a look and would let me know. I fired it over with some relevant photos and crossed my fingers.

Bingo! We’re on. He wants to run it as an exclusive in the next issue and also commented: “Great pix.”

Particularly good news as I have a meeting with the client tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment