News and views from possibly the biggest public relations consultancy in the world... well, certainly the largest in Coalville.

Monday 11 January 2010

It's not what you know

Finally, after months of chipping away at a longstanding freelance journalist contact, my efforts have been rewarded! He called to say that he's been commissioned to write a logistics feature for the leading wines & spirits sector magazine and asked whether I can line him up with an interview with someone from my client organisation. This is no coincidence - my client is actively seeking to extend their presence in this sector and I have been knocking on the door of this well read and respected publication for some months. As the editor is more slippery than most, I also approached this freelance journalist in the knowledge that he regularly writes for the magazine proving that in PR, it's all about who you know.

Now I just need my client to come back to me...!


No comments:

Post a Comment