News and views from possibly the biggest public relations consultancy in the world... well, certainly the largest in Coalville.

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Going Dutch!

For only the second time in more than 15 years, tomorrow, work is taking me outside the UK - to visit the head office of a client in Kessel, Holland for a plan and review session following a very successful first four months. 

This news has been met with a degree of jealousy by family and friends and serves to confirm their belief that PR is a highly glamorous and jet-setting occupation. This is short-lived when I then tell them that in order to be on board a 6.55am flight from Birmingham to Dusseldorf, my 14 hour day will start at 4am! 

However, whilst this prospect does not fill me with great joy, a job which, over the years, has also taken me to lunch at Claridges and The Ivy and to the International Motor Show in Geneva (now that really is glamorous!), can't be all bad! In between, there have been long stretches of hard work and trips down the M1; these much more representative of what a job in PR is all about. Would I have it any other way? Ask me at 4am tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment